- Holiday Lighting Ceremony: Thursday, December 4 2014 5:45-6:30pm at Welcome Plaza (Corner of Vivion Road and Gateway)
- Chamber Celebration! Annual Awards & After Hours Thursday, December 11- 6-8:00pm at the Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa
Chamber Member Information
The Riverside Area of Commerce is excited to announce our official Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/RiversideMOChamber Be sure to click “Like” to receive our updates on your personal newsfeed and to share/view what other members are doing in the community.Follow us on Twitter
- The Riverside Area Chamber of Commerce is now Tweeting…..follow us at https://twitter.com/rs_chamber_info
Riverside is Calling!
Welcome to life upstream. Riverside, Missouri is a thriving community located just minutes north of downtown Kansas City. Roots run deep here where neighborhoods thrive and growth and opportunities are easy to find. Riverside is more than an address. This is a place to live, work, raise a family and run a business. Riverside is life upstream from ordinary.
Join the Riverside Area Chamber of Commerce
Your membership is important to us and assists in supporting our business community, encouraging growth within the Riverside community. We look forward to your participation in the organization’s activities and working with you in the future.
Get in on a new beginning. The City of Riverside has committed $33 million to community infrastructure improvements. In addition, Riverside offers incredible tax incentives. New first class office and manufacturing buildings under construction now.
Talk of The Town
M&M Quality Solutions, a Harley Davidson supplier who is currently in Horizons III, finalized leasing 119,000 square feet of Horizons Industrial IV (the northern 5 bays of the building). This lease leaves about 222,000 square feet remaining in the building, which we are laser focused on winning a GM supplier out of Michigan to fill. This GM supplier would create about 275 jobs with an average salary just shy of $40,000. With this, we are preparing to begin the process for constructing the next speculative building.
We are also in final negotiations for a new 135,000 square foot building in Horizons West on Argo Lot 5. We are working with a national restaurant supplier on pre-leasing about 40,000 square feet of this space, and have toured over 10 other prospects for the remainder. Our goal would be for a Final Development Plan approval at the next Planning Commission meeting.
QuikTrip Construction Starts
Dirt is moving at the corner of Gateway and Vivion. Construction kicked off at the site of the new QuikTrip location in late September and the company is on schedule to have its new location open in March.
“The work that’s being done now is primarily underground work for the footings and the foundation. By the end of the year, you should be able to see work started on the building and the pump canopy,” Travis Hoover, City Engineer, said. The new location will have QT’s next generation design, which is larger and features more fresh food options. The closest Next Generation Store to Riverside is currently located on Englewood and 169 Highway.
Now that work has started on the new location, the City has turned its focus to working with QuikTrip to determine what’s next for the site of the current location. Mike Duffy, Riverside Director of Community Development, explained that once the new store is open, QuikTrip will start decommissioning its current site. That will include removal of the canopy, pumps, and all outdoor equipment, and completing the environmental work necessary to receive environmental clearance for the site from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. The building, however, will remain.
“We are working closely with QuikTrip to figure out what’s next for that site. Our goal is to make sure it’s utilized in a way that is consistent with the City’s Master Plan and enhances the progress we’re already making in our downtown corridor,” Duffy said. The City is also working on redevelopment plans for the vacant site where QuikTrip’s old location used to be, also at the corner of Gateway and Vivion.
Work Starts on US 69 Bridges
Construction has started on the US 69 bridges over the Missouri River. The Northbound US 69 bridge, commonly known as the Platte Purchase Bridge, and the Southbound US 69 bridge, commonly known as the Farifax Bridge are being replaced by MoDOT. The bridges were built more than 50 years ago and were designed to accommodate the type and size of vehicles of that era, not the high volume truck traffic that utilizes the bridges today. MoDOT started work on the project earlier this fall and the work is scheduled to be completed by December 1, 2016. The replacement of both bridges will cost $79 million and the Kansas Department of Transportation is splitting the cost with MoDOT. During construction, motorists should expect various lane closures in the area.
Sustainable Places Grant
- Riverside recently partnered with the City of Parkville to jointly submit an application for a MARC Planning Sustainable Places grant. This project would fund a corridor study of Route 9 from Horizons Parkway in Riverside to 45 Highway in Parkville. The grant program has a total of $1,000,000 available to be split equally among Missouri and Kansas communities. There were a total of 27 projects submitted for a total of $2,327,000. The Parkville/Riverside project has received a preliminary score of 85 by MARC staff. This is the third highest ranked Missouri project and the highest ranked Missouri project in the “Implementation” category. While there are still several committees that have to review the projects, funding for our projects appears to be promising.
City of Riverside Launches Redesigned Website
- The City of Riverside launched its new website this week at www.riversidemo.com. The site includes a new layout and design as well as several features that aim to make it easier for users to access government services and information. The last comprehensive update the City did on its website was in 2010.“One of the features we are most excited about is its responsive design. This means that it is automatically resized for any screen, including mobile devices,” Meredith Hauck, Riverside Director of Administration says. “Although it was time for an updated look and feel for the website, the driver of this redesign was to make sure that the technology behind the site was in line with how people use the internet today – from their mobile phones.”The website also keeps a strong focus on helping the user find what they are looking for. A better navigation system was included, as well as a search box placed prominently on the homepage that allows citizens to use the site much like they would a search engine.“People rarely come to our site to browse around. They are often looking for something specific and we want to make that a quick and easy experience for them,” Hauck added. “This redesign also gave us the opportunity to clean up our content and make sure the most up-to-date information was available.”The City spent $7,000 on the site upgrade and partnered with Aha Consulting, a company based out of Oregon who designs open source municipal websites. Riverside previously worked with Aha Consulting on the 2010 website redesign and contracts with them for ongoing website maintenance.
Eagle Animal Hospital Hosts Groundbreaking on July 21
Eagle Animal Hospital will be undergoing an architectural transformation and expansion at their current location in Riverside, Missouri. Eagle Animal Hospital is a full service veterinary hospital providing the finest professional health care for your pet. The completed 10,000 square foot facility will continue to provide state of the art veterinary medicine and surgery. The expansion will include additional exam rooms, luxury boarding suites and traditional boarding for both cats and dogs, doggie daycare, and professional grooming. The ground breaking for the renovation will be July 21, 2014 at 10 a.m. and construction is estimated to be completed by July, 2015. Eagle Animal Hospital will be open during construction.
New Bridge Construction
Northbound and Southbound US 69 will be reduced to one lane in each direction during construction. A crossover will be used to shift Southbound US 69 to the existing Northbound US 69 Bridge (Platte Purchase Bridge). Traffic will remain in this configuration until the new bridge is complete.
Lane closures for Northbound and Southbound US 69 will begin Friday, October 31, 2014 and continue through Thursday, December 01, 2016. Lane closures will be 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The most recent edition of MoDOT’s Express Lane Newsletter is available on the website.
Click on the link to view this month’s headlines. http://www.modot.org/ExpressLane/index.htm
Riverside Annual Events!
The City of Riverside hosts a variety of events and programs throughout the year for our residents and visitors. Check the website calendar for specific details about each event.
- City-Wide Garage Sale: April
- Public Works Clean Up Days: April
- Recycling Extravagana: April
- Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday before Easter
- Summer Kick Off Event: May
- TEAM Shakespeare Performance: May
- Scottish Highland Games: June
- FPAL Golf Tournament: July
- Midwest Camaro Fest: August
- Riverside Music Festival: September
- Midwest All Truck Nationals September
- City-Wide Garage Sale: October
- Public Works Clean Up Days: October
- National Night Out: October
- Trunk or Treat: October
- Holiday Lighting Ceremony: December
- Senior Holiday Lunch: December
Chairman Level Members