- Trunk or Treat: Thursday, October 23 (7-8 pm) at the Riverside Community Center 4498 NW High Drive Riverside
- November Business Luncheon: Thursday, November 13 (11:30 am) at the Argosy Casino (Annual Elections: Board of Directors)
Chamber Member Information
Annual elections held for Board of Directors shall be held at the November business luncheon.
A member of this Chamber, at the time of election or appointment, must be an active member in good standing. Each member, shall at the time of election or appointment, be regularly engaged in Chamber activities and/or interests.
An active member who desires to hold an elected office on the Board of Directors, shall forward their name to the Executive Director of the Chamber, indicating their desire to be included as a candidate for office.
Nominations for Board of Director candidates shall be taken from the general membership beginning on October 1 and continuing through to October 31. Nominations may be submitted at the general meeting in October, in writing, or electronically and should be forwarded to the Executive Director of the Chamber.
Calling all Trunks! “Trunk or Treat” is just around the corner. Join us for some fun, family friendly “trunk or treating” on Thursday, October 23rd from 7-8pm at the Riverside Community Center parking lot.
All businesses, groups, schools, neighborhoods and residents are welcome.
- Prizes will be awarded for the following trunks:
- Scariest- $50
- Most Original -$50
- Best Over All Display-$100!!
Please respond to this email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Oct.20th, if you would like to participate.
Follow us on Twitter
- The Riverside Area Chamber of Commerce is now Tweeting…..follow us at https://twitter.com/rs_chamber_info
Riverside is Calling!
Welcome to life upstream. Riverside, Missouri is a thriving community located just minutes north of downtown Kansas City. Roots run deep here where neighborhoods thrive and growth and opportunities are easy to find. Riverside is more than an address. This is a place to live, work, raise a family and run a business. Riverside is life upstream from ordinary.
Join the Riverside Area Chamber of Commerce
Your membership is important to us and assists in supporting our business community, encouraging growth within the Riverside community. We look forward to your participation in the organization’s activities and working with you in the future.
Get in on a new beginning. The City of Riverside has committed $33 million to community infrastructure improvements. In addition, Riverside offers incredible tax incentives. New first class office and manufacturing buildings under construction now.
Talk of The Town
Sustainable Places Grant
- Riverside recently partnered with the City of Parkville to jointly submit an application for a MARC Planning Sustainable Places grant. This project would fund a corridor study of Route 9 from Horizons Parkway in Riverside to 45 Highway in Parkville. The grant program has a total of $1,000,000 available to be split equally among Missouri and Kansas communities. There were a total of 27 projects submitted for a total of $2,327,000. The Parkville/Riverside project has received a preliminary score of 85 by MARC staff. This is the third highest ranked Missouri project and the highest ranked Missouri project in the “Implementation” category. While there are still several committees that have to review the projects, funding for our projects appears to be promising.
City of Riverside Launches Redesigned Website
- The City of Riverside launched its new website this week at www.riversidemo.com. The site includes a new layout and design as well as several features that aim to make it easier for users to access government services and information. The last comprehensive update the City did on its website was in 2010.“One of the features we are most excited about is its responsive design. This means that it is automatically resized for any screen, including mobile devices,” Meredith Hauck, Riverside Director of Administration says. “Although it was time for an updated look and feel for the website, the driver of this redesign was to make sure that the technology behind the site was in line with how people use the internet today – from their mobile phones.”The website also keeps a strong focus on helping the user find what they are looking for. A better navigation system was included, as well as a search box placed prominently on the homepage that allows citizens to use the site much like they would a search engine.“People rarely come to our site to browse around. They are often looking for something specific and we want to make that a quick and easy experience for them,” Hauck added. “This redesign also gave us the opportunity to clean up our content and make sure the most up-to-date information was available.”The City spent $7,000 on the site upgrade and partnered with Aha Consulting, a company based out of Oregon who designs open source municipal websites. Riverside previously worked with Aha Consulting on the 2010 website redesign and contracts with them for ongoing website maintenance.
Eagle Animal Hospital Hosts Groundbreaking on July 21
Eagle Animal Hospital will be undergoing an architectural transformation and expansion at their current location in Riverside, Missouri. Eagle Animal Hospital is a full service veterinary hospital providing the finest professional health care for your pet. The completed 10,000 square foot facility will continue to provide state of the art veterinary medicine and surgery. The expansion will include additional exam rooms, luxury boarding suites and traditional boarding for both cats and dogs, doggie daycare, and professional grooming. The ground breaking for the renovation will be July 21, 2014 at 10 a.m. and construction is estimated to be completed by July, 2015. Eagle Animal Hospital will be open during construction.
Northland Bridge Work to Restrict I-635, I-29, Route 9 and Route 69
Starting Thursday, April 10, the ramp from southbound I-635 to southbound Route 9 will closed.
Beginning Friday, April 11, the ramp from southbound Route 9 to northbound I-635, and the ramp from northbound Route 9 to northbound I-635 will close through June. Traffic will detour to Horizons Parkway. All work is weather dependent.
Riverside Annual Events!
The City of Riverside hosts a variety of events and programs throughout the year for our residents and visitors. Check the website calendar for specific details about each event.
- City-Wide Garage Sale: April
- Public Works Clean Up Days: April
- Recycling Extravagana: April
- Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday before Easter
- Summer Kick Off Event: May
- TEAM Shakespeare Performance: May
- Scottish Highland Games: June
- FPAL Golf Tournament: July
- Midwest Camaro Fest: August
- Riverside Music Festival: September
- Midwest All Truck Nationals September
- City-Wide Garage Sale: October
- Public Works Clean Up Days: October
- National Night Out: October
- Trunk or Treat: October
- Holiday Lighting Ceremony: December
- Senior Holiday Lunch: December
Chairman Level Members